Consolidated Training Requirements for 2018
The initial four course are required by both the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as Prince William County. You only need to take the course once for each major number. Upon completion of any of these courses, please send a copy of the certificate to the Emergency Coordinator for the files. Additional course may be added as available or required. If you find a bad/changed link, please forward the information to the EC.
- IS–700 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS–100.B Incident Command System
- IS–200.B ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS–800.B National Response Framework
- G–191 Incident Command System/Emergency Operations Center Interface Classroom based. Dates announced as available.
- IS–706 NIMS Intrastate Mutual Aid - An Introduction
- IS–775: EOC Management and Operations This course is currently being reviewed and revised to incorporate the current Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program.
- G–775 Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Management and Operations. Classroom based. Dates announced as available.
- IS–802 ESF #2 This course has been reviewed and is not current with the National Preparedness System.
- ICS–300 Intermediate ICS. Classroom based. Dates announced as available.
- ICS–400 Advanced ICS. Classroom based. Dates announced as available.
Along with the FEMA certifications, each ARES member is expected to attend at least three training sessions per year.
Approved training sessions beyond the FEMA training appear on the calendar of events.